Brit Digital Notice Board
FAO: All HND and BAM Student groups
Date 15.10.2018 Release: Immediate Action: Immediate
Information on Becoming a Student Representative
The student's voice is at the heart of all that we do at Brit College.
Each HND and BAM student group is being invited to elect a student representative this week.
Why be a representative?
· You will be a spokesperson for your group
· You will get training for the role
· It will help you develop valuable employability skills
· You will be able to expand your network with other students and staff
· It will be a recognised addition to your CV
· There will be a reward structure and support
· You will get the opportunity to progress to other roles
What will it involve?
· Listening to students in your group and noting their satisfaction and/or concerns
· Attendance at a half-day training event in October or November
· Attendance at a termly Student /Staff Meeting (approx. two hours) and occasionally other College Committees (attendance will be rotated between reps and you can choose which you wish to attend)
· You may also play a role in chairing a meeting or writing up minutes (training will be provided). These roles are optional.
· Feeding back information to your group
How to become a representative?
· Please put yourself forward as a volunteer when the tutor asks for nominations
· If you have previously been a representative for your group please allow others to have a chance to stand first.
· Be prepared to say a little about yourself and why you would like to be a rep if there is more than one volunteer
· If you are selected by the group as the rep please give your name, email, contact phone number and group details to the tutor for passing on
· You will then be emailed next week about the training and first meeting
Thank you for volunteering!